Top 10 Diseases in the Philippines
The Philippines is a southeast Asian country, which distinguishes itself from its neighbors with its more western like culture because the country had been under western colonial rule for over 300 years. It is also the home for Filipinos, who are the most travelled people in the world. Because the place is a paradise, it is also the 12th most populous country in the world. The top 10 leading diseases in the Philippines are also the leading cause of death in the country.
- Heart Disease – caused by constricting flow of blood and oxygen to the heart due to obesity or high cholesterol.
- Vascular Disease – refers to disease in the circulatory system which is also related to heart problems.
- Hypertension – or high blood pressure because most Filipinos are fond of eating food high in bad cholesterol.
- Cancer – refers to the prevalence of abnormal caner cells infecting an organ primarily due to the habit of Filipinos to over-indulge on liquor, food or other vices.
- Tuberculosis – a bacterial disease infecting the lungs because of smoking and air pollution.
- Respiratory diseases – any disease the affects the respiratory system which is due mainly to the Filipinos indulgence to smoking. The country is where people can buy the cheapest cigarettes in Asia.
- Diabetes – a metabolism disorder characterized by inability of the body to balance sugar. This is primarily caused by the fondness of Filipinos to eat processed foods.
- Pneumonia – an infection in the lungs caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses. This is common among hard working Filipinos who has the habit of letting their shirts dry off after sweating from work.
- Diarrhea – characterized by loose bowel movement and dehydration. Still common in the rural areas in the provinces where people have no access of clean water.
- Dengue – a deadly disease caused by a mosquito carrying dengue virus. Common in the Philippines because of prevalence of floods in the metro.
- top 10 diseases in the philippines
- top 10 diseases in the philippines 2013
- top 10 diseases in the philippines 2012
- top ten diseases in the philippines 2013
- common diseases in the philippines
- common diseases in the philippines 2012
- top diseases in the philippines 2013
- top ten diseases in the philippines
- top 10 ILLNESSES in the philippines
- top 10 killer diseases in the philippines
- top diseases in the philippines
- top 10 diseases in the philippines 2012 doh
- top ten diseases in the philippines 2012
- Top Ten Disease in the Philippines
- top 10 diseases in philippines
- top 10 disease in the philippines
- common diseases in philippines
- top 10 sickness in the philippines
- top 10 common diseases in the philippines
- common diseases in the philippines 2013
- Child Obesity Philippines
Child obesity in the Philippines is a silent plague. Many children are suffering from obesity especially among middle class families. This can be attributed to [...]
- Vegan Diet for Diabetics
A vegan diet does not treat diabetes but it will definitely help in managing the disease and prevent its complications from occurring. A key to [...]
- Diabetic Bone Problems
Diabetes is a deadly disease that can affect bone in different ways especially if the diabetes remains unmanaged because of the following complications obesity, high [...]
- Fiber Rich Foods in the Philippines
Whenever diet is talked about, fiber or dietary fiber is almost always included in the diet plan. What exactly is fiber? Fiber or roughage is [...]
- Doctors skeptical over widen use of Statins
Known for lowering cholesterol levels, statins have recently been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a preventive drug for about 6.5 [...]
- Quick, On Your Feet
Are daily errands running you to the ground, not to mention family commitments and deadlines? Do you want to find a better way to cope? [...]
- Cholesterol Care
What comes to your mind when you hear the word cholesterol? For most of us, almost intuitively, we think of something bad for the health. [...]
- Wholly Good Whole-Grain Breakfast
A new US study says eating whole-grain breakfast cereal reduces the risk of heart failure. "The significant health benefits of whole-grain cereal are not just [...]