Benefits of Candesartan
A treasure in the management of cardiometabolic diseases. In the last ten years, the prevalence of diabetes worldwide has increased at such an alarming rate, and the number of diabetics is expected to reach 350 million by 2025, which is barely 15 years from now. The Philippines is projected to be among the top ten countries showing a rapid increase in the prevalence of the disease. Diabetes has been known to cluster with other risk factors particularly hypertension—another killer—and local health experts are alarmed that diabetes and hypertension form a metabolic ‘time bomb’ waiting to explode, as it continues to maim or kill countless victims in the country and worldwide.
In a scientific symposium sponsored recently by LRI to launch their angiotensin receptor blocker Candez (candesartan cilexetil), three medical experts on diabetes and hypertension—Dr. Augusto D. Litonjua, Dr. Jorge Sison and Dr. Rafael R. Castillo—discussed the important role of a thorough global risk evaluation and treatment of patients diagnosed to have diabetes and hypertension; and how modulation of the renin angiotensin sytem (RAS) with an ARB such as candesartan can enhance vital-organ protection and improve clinical outcomes in terms of reduced macro-and microvascular complications in diabetics – even those who are not hypertensive.
Dr. Litonjua summed up his lecture and the whole scientific symposium with the following conclusions:
- The co-existence of multiple disorders in diabetes and hypertension make therapeutic priorities difficult.
- Diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and dyslipidemia require multi-drug treatment.
- Better implementation of therapies that reduce CV risk in diabetic patients will require moving beyond the traditional primary focus on glycemic control.
- Candesartan plays an important role in reducing CV risk in patients with hypertension and diabetes.
- A comprehensive approach and educational programs may be simultaneously beneficial.
- candez plus
- candesartan candez
- candez medicine
- candesartan cilexetil candez
- candesartan 2011
- candez candesartan
- candesartan benefits
- candesartan and diabetes
- candesartan diabetes
- candesartan의 protection for macro to microvascular
- candezartan (candez)
- benefits of candesartan
- diabetes and candesartan 2011
- how candesartan improve diabetes
- diabetics and candesartan
- candisartan candez advantages
- candez plus vs candez
- How to Avoid getting Sick While Traveling
Traveling makes a person wiser. It provides wonderful learning experiences that can last a lifetime. However, this becomes a great challenge to persons with diabetes. [...]
- Claw Foot and Hand Treatment Diabetes
Claw foot or claw toes is a medical condition where your toes or hand bend into a claw-like position. This is recognizable when the bottom [...]
- Diabetic Bone Problems
Diabetes is a deadly disease that can affect bone in different ways especially if the diabetes remains unmanaged because of the following complications obesity, high [...]
- Aphrodisiacs for Diabetics
An aphrodisiac is a substance usually food that increases sexual desire and sometimes also enhances sexual pleasure. Diabetic patients both men and women are prone [...]
- Syringe Pens in the Philippines
Many diabetic patients needed insulin therapy to maintain optimal blood glucose levels and prevent diabetic complications. Insulin or the hormone produced in the pancreas is [...]
- Renal Diet for Diabetics
One of the deadliest and most common complications of diabetes is diabetic nephropathy which pertains to the dysfunction of the kidney due to the stress [...]
- Chelation Therapy for Diabetes
Chelation Therapy is a safe, effective and relatively inexpensive treatment for the restoration of blood flow for the elimination of toxins and heavy metals (e.g. [...]
- Dark Knuckles and Diabetes
A darkened area of skin in the body is a condition called acanthosis nigricans. Dark skin areas can be found in the neck, armpits, elbows, [...]
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Philippines
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation is a non profit nongovernmental organization designed to help improve the lives of young children with diabetes, manage their condition and ensure [...]
- How to Stop Diabetic Leg Cramps?
People with Type 2 diabetics have a greater chance to suffer leg cramps especially during night time. These cramps is characterized by sudden spasms of [...]