Diabetes is a chronic disease which can lead to serious complications such as heart disease, kidney disease, retinopathy, stroke, peripheral arterial occlusive disease and diabetic neuropathy which diabetic foot is a part of. These complications are quite preventable with healthy lifestyle, good compliance to prescribed medications, proper education and regular visits to a doctor. However, among these complications, diabetic foot is one complication which is very much preventable with proper education on foot care.
Home> Blog Archives
Mice—generally regarded as pests—may actually hold the key to curing diabetes within their gut.
Researchers at the Columbia University Medical Center discovered that cells in the intestine of mice can be coaxed into producing insulin, by blocking a certain type of gene. Professor of Medicine Dr. Domenico Accili, MD., and Chutima Talchai, PhD., found that when they turned-off Foxol – a gene that plays a big role in determining a cell’s fate –the mouse’s intestine was able to generate insulin-producing cells throughout adulthood.
Tattoos have largely been a means for artistic expression, but now may also serve a life-saving function.
Research is currently being done exploring how tattoos can be used to help monitor blood glucose levels for people with diabetes using what is called a Nano Ink Tattoo.
- hypoglycemic tattoo
- hypoglycemia tattoo
- hypoglycemia and tattoos
- nano ink tattoo 2012
- blood sugar monitoring nano ink tattoo
- nano ink tattoo sodium meter
- nano particles with a dye inside of them and they\re inserted into a skin as would be a tattoo
- nano tattoo ink for diabetes order
- nano tattoo ink texas
- nanoink diabetes glucose continuous monitoring
- sugat meter tattoo
- tatoo sa puson
- tattoo hypoglycemia
- tattooing a hypoglycemic
- tattoos and hypoglycemia
- are nano ink tattoos available yet?
- medical research on nano tattoos
- availabile nano ink for diabetes
- can any diabetic use the nanoink tattoo
- can hypoglycemics have tattoos
A new study revealed that the amount of time spent sitting down presented a higher risk of developing diabetes in women than in men.
The study showed that women who remained seated for the majority of hours in a single day have higher levels of insulin as well as other chemicals that would contribute to the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, such as C-reactive protein, leptin, and interleukin 6.
Hemoglobin bA1c (HbA1c), normally measured through blood chemistry tests, is widely used to detect diabetes in which a reading of 6.5 or more indicates a value in the diabetes range according to the American Diabetes Association guidelines. In the recent study conducted by the New York University (NYU) nursing-dental research team, however, states that HbA1c blood glucose can also be measured from oral blood samples drawn from deep pockets of periodontal inflammation.
Highly acclaimed mental coach lain Legg shares these practical fail-proof ways to maintain a high energy level, and feel good all the time. The Super Mind Evolution System is Legg’s brainchild, and it is a cutting-edge consciousness research which explores the full potential of the mind.
Dream the dreams that nave never peen dreamt, urged David Bower. And don’t allow that dream to go into oblivion. If other people have reached their dreams, surely you can do, too. Langston Hughes reminded, “Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.”
- Advocacy for following your dream
- When we were young we had dreams and expectation We imagine things we keep thinking about what we want to be and what we what to do what makes us proud and happy and what we will become
- When we were young，we had dreams and expectations We imagine things，we keep thinking about what we want to be，what we want to do，what makes us proud and happy and what we will become We grew up，and everything seemed like having its own way We ac
Christmas and the New Year are holidays we associate with family gatherings, parties, gift-giving, and food. It is the season for celebration, bonding, and sharing and the festive spirit fills the air with love and happiness. For some people however, the Christmas holidays can be the most stressful time of the year. Rather than feel excited, they dread the holidays and feel exhausted by the hustle and bustle of the season.
Struggling to control one’s appetite with “mini-meals” may not be that effective after all for weight reducers. Eating a real meal three times a day may be a better strategy for weight loss, according to a recent research. However, the caloric intake must be significantly less than what one would need to maintain current weight. In this study, it was less than 750 calories per day.
- filipino diabetic diet
- high protein diet for an average filipino guy
- filipino six meals per day
- filipino meal patterns for three days
- filipino meal for overweight
- 4 meals better than 6
- filipino 6 mini meal diet
- effect of six mini meals on weight reduction
- diabetes three meals is better
- are six mini meals better then three
- university study high protein
Screening for breast lumps by doing a mammography can help reduce the death rate from breast cancer, based on a study from Norway reported recently in the New England Journal of Medicine.
According to lead author Mette Kalager, MD, from Oslo University Hospital in Norway, participation in the Norwegian breast cancer screening program was associated with a 10 percent reduction in the rate of death from breast cancer among women 50 to 69 years of age. However, during the period that the study was conducted, Norway built multidisciplinary teams to treat breast cancer, which could also have had an impact on the favorable outcome.